Here at St Lawrence Primary School, we want our pupils to get the best experience from their sports and P.E. lessons. The children were invited to write an application to become a sports councillor, to help make decisions alongside the teachers to maintain a positive attitude towards school sport. The children appointed will meet with Mrs Frampton and Mr Whitfield to discuss how to get the very best out of our P.E. lessons. They are a motivated team and we are confident that that they will help to make lessons as fun and enjoyable as they possibly can be!
Alongside Mrs Frampton and Mr Whitfield, pupils will be involved in:
- Helping to organise Intra-School competitions
- Helping to ensure our achievements are shared with the rest of the school
- Ensure that the school sports notice board is up to date with results
- Being a representative for the rest of the school to put ideas and opinions forward
- Attending leadership meetings to develop their skills and share ideas
- Pupils will have their own sports councillor badge to wear proudly around school
- They will help to organise and run both Sports Days and School Games Days
- Pupils will be helped every step of the way with their role and new sports councillors will be appointed each academic year
This is a fantastic opportunity for the pupils of St Lawrence to further their leadership skills and have an input in their sporting development throughout the school.